Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Waffle Baby Afghan

This Waffle Baby Afghan is something I adapted to fit what yarn I had in my stash.  The yarn is Bernat Softee Baby in "Prettiest Pink" and "Princess Pebbbles", which my mom picked up on clearance for only $1.49 a skein.  Of course, because it was on clearance, there were only two skeins of each color, which was a little less than I needed, but adapt and overcome!


My Waffle Baby Afghan is based on the Weekend Waffle Blanket Kit available from Herrschners.  If you've never looked through a Herrschners catalog or the website before, I suggest you lock up your credit card before you do, but that's a whole different matter :)  

Herrschners kit options

My mom originally purchased this kit in the yellow/blue/green variegated yarn.  I modified the pattern slightly - the pattern only calls for one color yarn, but I alternated between my pink solid and pink/gray/white variegated.  I changed yarns every ten rows in this example, although the first section had to be eleven rows because of the foundation row.


This waffle pattern, like the Basketweave I wrote about a couple of weeks ago, has a great texture that comes from a combination of stitching in the loop and stitching around the front post.

Lately it seems like my favorite crochet projects are the ones that come with texture and depth.  If you have a favorite textured pattern, leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment