Sunday, January 5, 2014

Basketweave Afghan

I have done so much crafting that I haven't blogged about!

With the start of 2014, I'm trying to recommit myself to keeping up with my blogging, so what better way than to look back on the projects that have kept me busy throughout the summer and fall of 2013?

With that said, I'm going to start with my Basketweave Afghan.

This pattern comes from the book Crocheted Afghans by Carol Cook Hagood.  The book I used belongs to my mother, and was published in the late 1980s, but you can still find it on Etsy and Ebay.  The Basketweave is actually the second afghan I've done from this book; the first one was a lap afghan about five years ago.


The pattern calls for fringe, which I omitted.


I love the Basketweave pattern, and it really is simple.  As long as you are familiar with the basic crochet stitches (single through double-triple), you can succeed at this pattern.

The pattern only uses two stitches, double and double-triple.

The texture of this pattern comes from working select stitches around the front post of the rows below it, rather than in the loop.

A great pattern, and so simple!  What do you think?  What's your current project?  Leave me a comment or some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment