Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Post-Vacation Cranks

Last week, I took a five-day, much-needed, long-awaited vacation with my significant other (long distance relationships require vacations).  It was, in a word, glorious.




And then I came back to reality.  Which means a week of babysitting, meetings, and motel work, all compounding the fact that I would do anything to be back on vacation.

Is it just me, or does going on vacation actually make real life harder to live?  I have had such a case of the post-vacation cranks that I quite frankly don't want to be around anyone but a few chosen people, none of whom are actually less than a few thousand miles away.

So, how do you, I, or anyone else go about getting rid of those return-related regrets?  Frankly, I don't know.  Keeping busy seemed to help temporarily, but today I'm going to try making a list of five things about being home for which I am grateful, in the hopes that an expression of gratitude will seep into my emotions.

  1. The technology that lets me get in touch with loved ones across continents.
  2. My pillow - I have a memory foam pillow that is so much better than anything you will put your head on at a hotel.
  3. Not living out of a suitcase.
  4. Being able to cook what I want instead of eating out (talk about a price tag) every meal.
  5. A chance to make money, in the hopes of saving up for another vacation very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment